Thursday, August 27, 2009

The answer is 42...

If only it were that simple!
(For those of you who don't know, in the Movie "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, the answer to the meaning of life and everything...was 42.)
No two people walk the same path for a lifetime, therefore, no two people can ever learn the same lessons. My teacher tells me that we "choose" our parents, and I must admit I have a hard time with that one. I do know that I have grown as a person. I try to be more centered, and I work at not getting stressed over little things. I try to make others journeys enjoyable and try to help them learn the lessons that they need to. I see with open eyes, and I see a lot more than anyone else does. That can be a gift or it can be close to damnation.
I go to church, and I believe in God. I believe that God is in us, more than a God in heaven. That's why when someone does something wonderful for someone else, it's so special. You are doing God's work. I know there are people out there, who say I am not accepted for who I am...and that's OK. I don't judge people, that's not my job in life. I know doctors, hookers, dealers, Ministers and addicts and sometimes the more unexpected ones are the ones that I trust more. I have friends from many walks of life, and with different experiences...and they all have different lessons to learn, and different experiences which made them who they are. Someone asked on Twitter the other day...If you are the sum of your experiences, can you really, truly understand someone else's issues?
My answer to that is, while you may not be able to understand everything someone is going through, empathy for someone is truly the Grace of God. How wonderful is it that someone can "share" their lesson with you!
For me, the time I spend in the gym is time I spend with my grandmother and the three men from the past. They are always with me. She talks to me, and they stand behind me.
I believe that things are put in your path to see how badly you want something. It's sometimes hard to tell if it's something I should still go after or not. Is it important enough for you to climb that mountain, or get around that brick wall? If it is, you'll do it.
Inevitably, working out has to be a "for you" thing...but if deciding to do it for your son, mother, brother, or lover is the catalyst that gets your butt of the couch, that 's a start.
Just understand that, if you stick to this regime, things in your life are going to change. Some expected, some not. YOU need to be a priority. No matter what happens in your day to day, exercise is a relief and will become something you crave as an outlet. When you do better for yourself, other changes become a natural progression. Self-esteem is a wonderful side effect to exercise. When you feel better, you project better.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Jenn, this is such an amazing post. I have goosebumps. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete