Monday, August 17, 2009

So the weekend was interesting!

I've always had the ability to see....


the good in people,
to see when someone is lying to me
and to see what I can do to help someone push themselves over the top.
Too bad I can't always do it for myself.

This past weekend was 2 days of discovery, and while I kept up the things I do for myself like my exercising, I feel like I let myself down.


BEFORE...this would have thrown me into a tailspin, and I would be back in the fast food restaurant because what did it matter anyways?

My opinion has changed greatly. I understand life has setbacks, at least mine does...It forces me to make choices. Walls are put up in front of me to see how much I want something...do I give up, or do I go over, or under, or around to reach MY dream? (Right about here is when I have the Rambo picture in my mind with the wall exploded into a million pieces)

I have given up on myself over and over again in the past...and I probabily will in the future too...but now, I take ther time to feel crappy about it, and then I get the hell over it and get back in the game!


I am an emotional eater. Pick an emotion and there is a snack food out there with my name on it. For me, I have to eliminate anything that I can just go grab from the kitchen that is not "grown out of the ground, or had a face" (sorry all you vegans!). I cook my meals for the week on one day and package them so they are as convienient as possible. Yes, I still on occasion, stand infront of the fridge with the door open looking for that something special...but I know it's different now. Before it was a can of coke and chips or something sugary...now it's a few spoonfuls of hummas with pickles and maybe a bit of pita bread if I am feeling very crazy!

I understand falling off the diet/exercise wagon...It's not always easy planning your food and meals ahead of time, getting up early to exercise because you know you NEED to, eating before going out to dinner so that you don't cave in and have something you'll regret. Who doesn't want to be one of those people who can eat whatever they want, whenever...I just want to push them down the stairs ;)


The bottom line for me is that I need to do it for me, I can't do it for anyone else or make anyone follow my path if they don't want to.

The more I walk this journey, the more I know I don't walk it alone. At first, I had very little support...I had my trainer Kelly. Everyone of my friends tried not to roll their eyes and think , here we go again. She was the person who pushed me and answered all my questions...she was the person that wouldn't let me give up on myself.

When my resolve was at its lowest, she lent me hers...That is the sign of a true friend.


The fabfatties contest has brought me into a whole new realm...of friends and support. People who have walked the path before me, and some who are just starting out on this journey. Teamwork to me means reaching back and sharing the lesson with someone else who may be having a hard time. No one walks alone.


The self-discovery can be both enlightening and disturbing. What you can learn on this journey is important, and will affect every aspect of your life, I know it did mine. It has made me look at relationships, both good ones and bad ones. I have made many decisions to let people go out of my life if they are unable to be supportive in my quest for better health. I have started to clean out my emotional cupboard, to dust off the important things and to remove the negative distractions. I have left a stagnant relationship to no surprise of Kelly...she explained that when you change yourself and expect better, you need to change your surroundings too.


I've found new superhero's...and maybe someday, I'll be one of them!


It’s not too late….
This post Comes to you via the F A B U L O U S @footDr69…
Welcome to team DOWNSIZING DIVAS! @fabfatties #ffchallenge3 is on!
It doesn't matter what you've done up to this point!! Monday starts a New Week and WE are gonna HIT THE GROUND RUNNING!! I'm VERY EXCITED to have you guys on our team!! You Are ALL LEADERS!! Let's take the bull by the horns and MAKE A CHANGE!! Not just within ourselves, but also in the lives of everyone that we touch!! When You send Tweets during the next 21 days, please add #ffchalleng3 to your tweets whenever possible! This is our Badge Of Honor!! Let's show the twitter world who we are and what we are about! It will show that thru TEAMWORK, WE ARE ONE!! Please remember to go to www.thefabulousfatties.com and post your points in the challenge blog DAILY! This will make you eligible for the drawings! Please post even if its only 1 point! IT ALL COUNTS!! ;-) NO JUDGEMENTS! Just CONGRATS!

Here is a List of Points (Entries) That you may count per day:
1. Recruit someone to the challenge (until 8/19): 5 points
2. Pounds lost during 21 day challenge: 1 point/per pound
3. Inches lost during 21 day challenge: 1 point/per inch
4. Set A Goal for what you want to achieve during the challenge: 2 points
5. Meeting that goal: 3 points
6. Tweet about this challenge on Myspace, Facebook, Twitter (must use hashtag #ffchallenge3): 1point (up to 10 points/daily)
7. Drink 8 glasses of H2O: 1 point
8. Eat 5 servings of fruits & Veggies: 1 point
9. Exercise 30 min. or more a day: 2 points
10. Do a RANDOM ACT OF KINDNESS: 3 POINTS
11.Blog about this challenge or linky love @fabfatties on your blog: 3 points
12. Eat a healthy breakfast: 1 point
13. Don't drink soda pop: 1 point
14. Leave a comment on someone's blog: 1 point per blog.
Whenever you do something POSITIVE FOR THE CHALLENGE, @ us (@footdr69 & or @IamSucceeding) so that we may RT and share it with the Team! If you don't @ us, at least one of us, we may miss it! Please don't let that happen!
Here are a list of your Teammates! Please FOLLOW EVERYONE and SUPPORT EACH OTHER!!! That's what TEAMWORK is ALL ABOUT!!
DOWNSIZING DIVAS:
@IAmSucceeding
@BwJen
@Wildfirefitness
@TeeTee_71
@PhatBff
@EmbarrassedFatty
@JeepJenn
@Chubby_Stubby_K
@KyraTX
@MzMartinez09
@damanlovett
@KenpoDoc4
@MonayLexi
@foodiemcbody
@KKirkscey
@MrsMoNJ
@Knitster
@Im2Smart_e_4u
@Deelicious
@brandyellen
@FabMissK
@Jules
@Whiskyd
@Fitter_Happier_
@Hardhatharri
@FootDr69
It’s NOT TOO LATE TO ADD TWEEPS, so let me know if you have Newbies!
If you write a blog post or You read one that you would like to share with the TEAM, please @ me with it so that I may share it with others! You may be JUST WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED! ;-)
If you would like an excel spreadsheet to track your points, send @JeepJenn your email address and she will get it right to you!!
LET'S GET FIRED UP, DOWNSIZING DIVAS!! TOGETHER....WE CAN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment